Senior executives who are leading businesses and organizations that are operating in or have a vested interest in Southwestern Illinois are eligible to represent their enterprise as a board member of the Leadership Council Southwestern Illinois.
Leadership Council Southwestern Illinois members help guide and shape the Council's actions and regional initiatives that have advanced Southwestern Illinois in recent years and will help to ensure that our region is an economic force in the years to come. Regular opportunities for networking, engagement and staying on top of the vital issues impacting Southwestern Illinois include:
- Monthly breakfast meetings featuring informative presentations on a variety of regional issues that impact economic growth
- Participation in standing committees such as Military Affairs, Levee Issue Alliance, Southwestern Illinois Transportation Enhancement, Labor Management, Public Policy, Economic Development, Education Committee, Marketing & Communication, Membership, and Manufacturing Steering Committee
- Attendance at or sponsorship of the Annual Salute to Southwestern Illinois Awards Dinner
- Invitations to the events celebrating major developments in the St. Louis Region and informative sessions on economic issues of importance to Southwestern Illinois
- The monthly Metro East GoodNewsLink, an e-news digest aimed at spotlighting positive developments in the economy of Southwestern Illinois
- Monthly board member updates and newsletter
- Participation in and utilization of economic studies on the region
- Executive women's group with quarterly meetings
- Contribution to the voice that’s driving those key issues that will help to ensure our region has all the right ingredients in place for future growth and success
Those interested in exploring membership in the Leadership Council Southwestern Illinois are encouraged to initiate contact with an existing member or the Executive Director & CEO, who will advance the request for membership consideration to the Executive Committee.